To bring all of this under a single umbrella we are launching a competition to design a symbol or logo for the Worcester Canal Festival which will be used to promote the festival around the city and on the site itself.
Entrants have the freedom to use their imagination within the following constraints:
- The words ‘Worcester Canal Festival’ should appear with the symbol – contestants may do their own lettering or the organisers will insert appropriate lettering
- A simple, bold idea will give more impact
- A maximum of three colours plus black to be used
- All entries to be emailed as a PDF to email@example.com
- The competition will close at midnight on Sunday 26 April
- The symbol will become property of the organisers
- The winner will be announced by publication in The Worcester News
- The judge’s decision will be final
All entries will be displayed on the Worcester Canal Group webpage where there will be an opportunity to vote (one vote only) for your favourite entry (ability to vote to be added after competition closes). During March and April selected entries will appear in the Worcester News. The final decision will be made by a combination of the public vote and the organiser’s judge’s panel.